Wednesday 7 September 2011

My Favourite Type of Light

There are many different types of light. You have radio waves (low frequency) up to gamma rays (high frequency). If I had to chose one that I would not like to live without I would have to chose "visible light." Visible light are the colours we can see. This makes up only a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum. With wave lengths of 10 to the power of -6 meters, visible light lands right in the middle of the electromagnetic spectrum. Without visible light we would not be able to see colour or light. Our vision would be restricted to black shadows and shapes as our eyes adjusted to the darkness. I think visible light, although not so vital to other animals, is a neccessary part of our lives and we would be very different without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment